Help on Searches
Please be patient when clicking on the ‘listen’ icon.
Pressing multiple times on an icon may result in distortion.
- A search will find exact matches and related results. Searching for several words at once will only find entries with that exact set of words in that exact order.
- The exact match extends to diacritics; when searching in Spanish or Chamacoco, accents must be included in the search.
- There is a small character palette available for your convenience. It will appear when you choose a dictionary field (ie. pronunciation guide) that uses special characters. Click on a character to add it to your search.
- Star (*) can be used as a wildcard, matching anything. Entering "a*" into the search will return all entries beginning with an "a." "*a" returns all entries ending in "a." "*ch*" returns all entries with "ch" in them.
- There is no formal "browse" function. To browse, use the wildcard.
This dictionary is being edited and new content is being added. If you have any questions or feedback, please contact email@example.com.